Tuesday 19 November, 2019
Bible Reading: Ephesians 4: 1-16
#Theme : THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH
Text Landmark: Ephesians 4:15
15. "But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Christ Jesus is the truth (Jhn.14:6), and Holy Spirit who guides the Church is the Spirit of truth (Jhn.16:13). Satan, by contrast, is the father of lies and deceits (Jhn.8:44). As followers of Christ, we must be committed to the truth. This means both that our words should be honest and that our actions should reflect Christ's intergrity. Speaking the truth in love is not always easy, convenient, or pleasant, but it is necessary if we are to represent Christ's mission and virtues in this world.
Speaking the truth in love: Follow the truth in love, or be sincere in love to our fellow brethren. Love is an excellent thing, but we must be careful to preserve truth together with it. Truth is an excellent thing, yet it is requisite that we speak it in love and not in contention. Moreso, we be more deeply rooted in Christ in all things, in knowledge, power, wisdom, love, faith, and all the parts of the new man. We should nurture Christ's love and intergrity, that we will speak the truth in love, rebuke in love, and accepting our faults with humility, that we may grow in every way more and more like Christ, who is the head of his body, the Church.
1. Lord, help me to love truth and speak the truth in Jesus' mighty name!
2. Lord, equip me with the spirit that detest lies!
3. Grace for self discipline and boldness, rest upon me in Jesus' mighty name!
4. Grace to grow up unto Christ-life in all things, rest on me in Jesus' name!
#Author : Rev'd Oluwatosin M. Oladoke
#SpreadTheGospel ! #ShareTheWord !